St. Lawrence the Deacon Parish
Bangui, Ilocos Norte
ST. LAWRENCE THE DEACON PARISH
Patronal Fiesta: August 10
The town of Bangui was an encomienda of Captain Riberos (1605) who requested for a minister from the flourishing town of Bacarra to come and work among the people. Thus the encomienda was converted into a visita of Bacarra, and a priest was sent there “for the consolation of the natives.” Since Bangui was nearer to Cagayan, it was annexed to the mission of Cagayan. On October 31, 1624, a council of the Augustinians separated Bangui from its previous matrix, and Fr. Francisco de Valenzuela was named prior-vicar of the parish. This new parish was placed under the patronage of St. Lawrence the Deacon, Martyr.
A few years ago, Bishop Renato Mayugba requested the Rogationists to take over the Parish. On April 13, 2014, Fr. Sylvestre Robiñol, RCJ was installed as the Parish Priest. Presently, Fr. Tirso Alcover, RCJ and Fr. Tristan Angelo Palado, RCJ are also assigned there as the Assitant Parish Priest and a Collaborator in Pastoral Activities of the Parish respectively.